Hkprettyinpinks Tracker

Monday, January 11, 2010

New Buddy from Oregon...Julie

Up early to go for a 40 minute walk! It's not raining, wasn't too cold - mid 40s maybe, bundled up and put on the ipod. I am going to try to walk every morning at 5:45 am Monday to Friday this week - and then walk later in the morning with my friend on the weekend. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

Who is this stranger posting about walking this morning you ask??? I'ts me Julie...and by the way I love pink too...and the website is so adorable, I can't wait to check out the previous posts. I look forward to getting to know you all through the blog & hopefully my iphone & skype as I become more technically savy!!

For starters I've been on weight watchers on and off for many years now and it worked well for me in the past - but I have a history of yo yoing and regaining...The last time I was "dedicated" to eating right and exercise I lost about 50 lbs and got down to my goal weight. I'm now 30 lbs up again :) Hence the "yo yo" but I think sometimes life and priorities gets us back in the "eat whatever you want, don't exercise mode" which for me means gaining 6-8 lbs a month real fast. My Dad was diagnosed with an aggressive form of lung cancer last July and since then - I gained 25 lbs so...he passed away in the middle of December. 

I'm 43, married for 20 years, a returning "student" and mom to 2 daughters 13 and 15 living in Portland, Oregon. I'm taking nursing prerequisites and I love school! I use to "run" (via Couch to 5K)  & exercise regularly and want to get back to that along with eating right via good choices, focus, and weight watchers. My birthday is Apr. 30th - so my goal is to try very hard to lose 5 lbs a month - to get closer to my goal for my birthday.

Time to begin again...so happy you have included me! Thanks so much.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie :)

    This is Robin, AKA Hkprettyinpink.. I am so glad you posted and super excited to hear that you back in the ball game and walking! I so need to do that like right now. Everyone here is super sweet and really working hard to loss the weight. Look forward to chatting .. Robin

    ReplyDelete