Hkprettyinpinks Tracker

Friday, January 15, 2010

Slowly getting back in gear...

This week has been going pretty well so far with 3 trips to the gym - 2 group power strength training classes and last night 45 minutes on the elipitical or 3 miles. I can feel it :) I'm planning on going this morning at 9 am again for another group power class and I think I will add on some more eliptical before or after. I know I need to get some for cardio in for fat burning.

I bought a book last night called Change your Food, Change your Mood and bought some vitamins. So far it's pretty interesting. I bought some little packets of almonds at Trader Joes (200 cal) that I plan to keep with me at school for snacking - a little high in points though, not so sure if I should have those but if I mix them with fresh fruit and keep lunches "light" I should do ok.  I need to start making wraps for lunch at school for 3 pts and not resort to a quick taco salad which I am sure could easily exceed 8 points, its just not smart. I am also going to focus on not eating after dinner at all, just keep it to water and hot tea. That's one of my biggest challenges & where I think I get into the most trouble.

I need to develop some more hobbies, yet I know studying will keep me busy until the middle of March. After that maybe focusing on hobbies & taking one class will be a good mix. Sometimes just juggling school & the kids can be stressful...I just need to learn to deal with it in a healthy way and not overeat.

Some ideas on dealing with stress:

- Take a short walk with the dog.
- Go to the gym and do 30 min on the elipitical
- Take a bath
- Go to bed early
- Find time for fun :) - play cards with the girls, play with the dog, listen to music.

Any other ideas on dealing with stress in a healthy way???

Please share your ideas and thoughts...How are all of you doing??? Roll Call?????

Good Morning and Happy Friday

Julie (in Oregon)

No comments:

Post a Comment